Online Membership Application - Sign Waiver
YMCA Policy Acknowledgement, Liability Waiver and Photo Release
- In consideration of gaining membership and/or being allowed to participate in the activities and programs of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee (“YMCA”) and to use its facilities (whether owned or leased), equipment and machinery, I do hereby waive, release and forever discharge the YMCA and its officers, agents, employees, volunteers, representatives, directors and all others from any and all responsibility or liability for injuries or damages resulting from my participation in such activities or programs or my use of such facilities, equipment or machinery, even if such damage or injury results from a negligent act or omission.
- By participating in the YMCA Nationwide Membership Program, I agree to release the National Council of Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America, and its independent and autonomous member associations in the United States and Puerto Rico, from claims of negligence for bodily injury or death in connection with the use of YMCA facilities, and from any liability for other claims, including loss of property, to the fullest extent of the law.
- The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
- I agree that the YMCA may photograph or videotape me and my minor children and the YMCA may use those photographs or video footage for its marketing purposes. I release the YMCA from any claim or liability related to that use, and waive all claims for myself my heirs and assignees against the individual staff persons and the YMCA of Middle Tennessee.
- I understand that I should consult my physician before starting any fitness/physical program.
- I understand that should my contact information change (address, phone, email, etc.) it is my responsibility to update it with the YMCA.
- I understand that the YMCA requires a Change or Cancellation Form to be completed for me to make any changes to my membership, including stopping my bank draft. I understand that if my membership dues are withdrawn on the 1st of the month, my Change form or Cancellation form must be received by the YMCA by the 29th of the prior month, and if my membership dues are withdrawn on the 15th of the month, my Change or Cancellation form must be received by the YMCA by the 13th of the current month. I also understand that should I choose to rejoin within 30 days of cancellation, I will not have to pay an additional joining fee. However, if I choose to rejoin after 30 days, I will be charged an additional joining fee.
- I understand that the YMCA will annually review its pricing structure, which may result in an increase of my monthly or annual membership fees. I understand that I will receive notice at least four weeks prior to any such change.
- If I am participating in the Open Doors Program, I understand that I must provide verification of my income (most recent tax return). I also understand that as an Open Doors member, I must reapply, providing updated income verification, every year. Failure to reapply may result in my membership rate reverting to the full amount.
- I understand that all additional individuals age 18 or older on a membership must complete the Additional Adult Membership Activation Form, available at the Welcome Center of the YMCA.
Sign YMCA Policy Acknowledgment and Liability Waiver
Please enter your first and last name and check the box below to confirm you agree to all the terms of our YMCA Policy Acknowledgment and Liability Waiver.