YMCA's Weight Loss Program — Clarksville YMCA
Your weight loss goals may be unique to you, but you don’t have to take the journey alone. Stay accountable and inspired with the YMCA’s Weight Loss Program, a 12-week course offering weekly small-group discussion and tools to help you establish personal goals, track progress and set yourself on the path to a healthier lifestyle. Register Now!
Why it's Different
Rather than telling you exactly what to do, the YMCA's Weight Loss Program gives you the tools to design a weight loss plan that's right for you and your unique goal.
Research shows that making healthy lifestyle changes is easier when people have a support system holding them accountable. The YMCA’s Weight Loss Program's group setting gives you a built-in support network to lean on and learn from throughout your weight loss journey.
Every day, we are bombarded with conflicting diets and exercise regimes claiming to hold the exclusive key to weight loss. The YMCA’s Weight Loss Program is built on the idea that, given the right tools, you have the answers within you to achieve your goals.
About the Program
- Adults 18 years and older with a desire to reach a healthier weight
- Weekly 1-hour sessions over 12 weeks
- Participants self-design action plans to achieve their weight loss goals
- Participants weigh in, track food and activity and create SMART goals each week
- Group-based program (8-20 people per group) that involves learning, sharing and problem solving via group discussions in a supportive environment
- Weekly topics cover balanced eating, physical activity, goal setting, positive psychology, and behavior sustainability
- No exercise component, but participants are encouraged to engage in activities at the Y that support their weight loss efforts
Sign up and a facilitator will contact you. For any other questions, contact Elizabeth Hughes at email@example.com.
Search and register for upcoming sessions using our secure online registration site.