Swim Team — Franklin YMCA
YMCA swim teams offer youth the chance to experience the enormous health benefits of swimming while enjoying the fun, excitement and character lessons that come with being a member of a competitive swim team. Swim teams at the Y help both novice and more experienced swimmers improve their strokes and technique through regular practices. Team members are also given the chance to enter competitive swim meets.
About the Franklin swim team
- Ages: 5-18
- Cost (monthly): $85 members/$125 non-members
Team skill levels and practice times
- Skill level: Intermediate/advanced
- Demonstrate a flip turn
- Swim 100 yards with flipturns
- Solid skills in front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke
- Learning butterfly
- Practice times: Monday-Thursday, 5-6 p.m.
Participants will be learning breaststroke and butterfly. Team members will also improve their technique to build speed in the water.
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Swim front crawl solidly for 50 yards
- Demonstrate front and side rotary breathing
- Practice times: Monday-Thursday, 6-7 p.m.
Participants will learn breastroke, backstroke, flipturns and endurance.
Not yet ready for swim team?
Join the Junior Flyers
- Cost (monthly): $45 members/$65 non-members
- Practice Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5-5:30 p.m.
- Swim 12 yards unassisted
- Float on their back
- Demonstrate over-the-water arm movement
- Comfortable putting face underneath water
Register for Swim Team
For more information: Contact Katie Hanson at 615-591-0322 or via email.