- Strengthen character, leadership skills and academic success for Latino youth through college preparation and career exploration
- Foster an inclusive community among Latino high school students
- Prepare students for the ACT, college career
- Provide hands-on workshops on subjects such as communication skills, personal finance and goal setting
- Connect young Latinos with potential employment and volunteer opportunities
- Recognize and award excellence in deserving high school and college students by providing scholarship awards
Latino Achievers — Y-CAP
YYMCA Latino Achievers empowers Latinx and underserved youth by providing the resources and support they need to excel in high school, gain access to higher education, take advantage of scholarship opportunities and find their career path.
Y-LA seeks to increase the college application rates and the college enrollment rates for Latino/Hispanic youth in Middle Tennessee. This includes helping students access opportunities that contribute to their college readiness and ability to meet college access requirements. We provide weekly club meetings, college tours, ACT workshops, and more. Y-Latino Achievers serves youth ages 14-21.
For more information
Contact Manuel Robles, Program Director, at 615-315-9622