YMCA swim teams offer youth the chance to experience the enormous health benefits of swimming while enjoying the fun, excitement and character lessons that come with being a member of a competitive swim team. Swim teams at the Y help both novice and more experienced swimmers improve their strokes and technique through regular practices. Team members are also given the chance to enter competitive swim meets.
About the Maryland Farm Family YMCA Swim Team
- Ages: 5-18
- Participation Requirements: Swim team members must be able to pass the YMCA's swim test, and must complete and sign Concussion Form before attending practice
- Please see Tarra Feasel, Aquatics Director Swim Assessmen
- Cost (per season)
- YMCA Swim Team: $65/month members, $95/month non-members
- Peak Performance: Mon./Wed./Fri., 4:45-5:45 p.m. (must swim 25 yd. freestyle and backstroke)
- Stroke Development: Mon./Wed./Fri., 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- All practices: Sat., 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Important Information: Volunteers, Swim Meets and Forms
Please be sure when you register for swim team to make sure we have an accurate email and phone number listed under your child’s name. We communicate with our team thru email. Please check your email often as we will send out information about meets, cancellations, and special clinics on school breaks.
We cannot run meets without our amazing parents! We need your help! If your child is participating in swim meets you will be required to volunteer. If you do not meet your volunteer responsibilities your child will not be able to participate in the Championship meet. To meet the requirements for the Championship meet, we ask the parents to volunteer in at least two swim meets.
Swim meets are once a month on Saturdays and are optional. However, we do encourage kids to try at least one. There is an additional fee in order to participate in the swim meets. You will be receiving info regarding meet dates. To meet the requirements for the Championship meet, we ask that the swimmers participate in at least two swim meets.
Each Swimmer will need to have a concussion form signed by a parent. They cannot participate until the form is signed.