- Support youth by providing consistent, personalized and on-on-one mentoring from a caring adult.
- Assist youth with developing and achieving their personal goals.
- Help students improve their grades, their physical health and their emotional well-being.
- Connect youth with extracurricular opportunities and service project opportunities in their communities.
- Identify areas of need and work with youth and their families to meet those needs.
- Motivate youth to reach their greatest potential and strive for a brighter future.
Reach and Rise
A national YMCA initiative, Reach & Rise provides critical one-on-one mentoring to youth and teens. Our trained mentors meet with students 1-3 hours a week to provide emotional support, academic guidance and personal care so students can grow spiritually, mentally and physically.
Participants set their own goals and work with their mentors for a full year to achieve them. Goals may include working out weekly at their local Y, completing all their homework or eliminating behavioral issues in schools.
For more information
Contact: Latoya Kennedy, Program Coordinator
Email Latoya or call her at 615-259-3418