Staying Safe Together
As we have reopened membership centers, the YMCA of Middle Tennessee is implementing the following safety protocols in an effort to reduce the health risks for members, staff and other visitors to our facility.
What the Y is Doing
- Single Entry/Exit: To help us maintain our safety protocols, we will maintain a single entry/exit point at all YMCA locations.
- Staff Temperature Checks: Staff will receive temperature checks before being allowed to start their work shift or to check in.
- 50% Capacity in Y-Play/YAC: We are limiting the number of children in our Y-Play areas. All "soft" surfaces that are harder to clean have been removed, and rooms are clean every 30 minutes.
- PPE for All Staff: All staff will be required to wear masks and other personal protective equipment.
- Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry.
- Designed for Social Distance: All open areas inside the Y have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members. Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
- Safety Barriers between Equipment: Partitions have been placed between cardio machines to promote a safe distance between members while working out.
- Mask-On Areas: Certain centers offer specific exercise areas separate from the wellness floors that require everyone to wear a mask. Learn more.
How We're Asking Members to Help Maintain Safety
The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
- Be Ready for Health Screening Questions: We will ask all members five health screening questions when you enter the center. This includes children.
- Reserve Y-Play/YAC in Advance: Use our new online reservation system up to 24 hours in advance to reserve your child's spot.
- Bring a Towel, a Mask* and a Water Bottle: Members will be asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel (towel services will not be provided). The Y also requests that members bring a mask and wear it whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, our wellness areas will have a limited capacity. At times of full capacity you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. with the provided cleaning materials.
*Please follow CDC guidelines and wear a face covering while in common areas in our facility. They are not required while working out, but should be worn when otherwise moving throughout the building.