For Survivors, By Survivors
The YMCA of Middle Tennessee’s After Breast Cancer (ABC) Program was designed by survivors, for survivors, to provide education and healing for mind, body and spirit after a breast cancer diagnosis. During the free 16-week program, you’ll find a community of other survivors to help you through as you bridge that gap of “treatment’s over… now what?”
Together, along with a team of professionals, you’ll begin to define and discover your own unique “new normal” through supervised exercise, nutrition classes and discussion groups.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Group-based program (8-10 people per group) where participants learn about healthy eating, resume or begin a regular exercise program that is right for them, and form a healing community in small group discussions
- The 16-week program includes:
- 24 workouts with a Pink Ribbon Certified Trainer (two 1-hour sessions per week for 12 weeks)
- 4 nutrition sessions with a Registered Dietitian (one 1-hour session per week for 4 weeks)
- 9 small group sessions that are led by survivors who have completed the ABC Program and have been trained to guide you through our curriculum that is tailored specifically to breast cancer survivors (one 90-minute session per week for 9 weeks)
- Lymphedema Education
- In-person and virtual options available.
- Anyone who’s had a diagnosis of breast cancer, regardless of when that diagnosis was made.
- Must have completed all treatments and surgeries (medical clearance for physical activity is required)
- Ladies with metastatic breast cancer are welcome to participate
ABC is completely free of charge, and funded by grants, private donations and generous corporate and community sponsors.
Interested in a future group or a location not listed above? Please fill out our inquiry form to join our contact list.