Reimagine Weight Loss
Your weight loss goals may be unique to you, but you don’t have to take the journey alone. Stay accountable and inspired with the YMCA’s Weight Loss Program, a 12-week course offering weekly small-group discussion and tools to help you establish personal goals, track progress and set yourself on the path to a healthier lifestyle.
Registration periods vary by location. For more information about the program or the registration schedule, please select your center from the dropdown menu below to contact a Weight Loss Program Coordinator.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Group-based program (8-20 people per group) that involves learning, sharing and problem solving via group discussions in a classroom setting
- Weekly topics cover balanced eating, physical activity, goal setting, positive psychology, and behavior sustainability
- No exercise component, but participants are encouraged to engage in activities at the Y that support their weight loss efforts
- Weekly 1-hour sessions over 12 weeks
- Participants self-design action plans to achieve their weight loss goals
- Participants weigh in, track food and activity and create SMART goals each week
- Adults 18 years and older with a desire to reach a healthier weight
For More Information
To ask questions, please click on your preferred location below for contact information.
Why It's Different
Why It Works
The YMCA's Weight Loss Program works with individuals within a team environment to build custom, sustainable, unique healthy habits that lead to long-term results. It is not a prescription for nutrition and exercise, but a program to help you on your individual journey toward living a healthier, happier life.
Watch the video to learn why facilitator Ali Blauw believes the YMCA's Weight Loss Program will work for you.