1. Download and Setup
The YMCA of Middle Tennessee app is available for both Android and iOS devices. In your device's app store, follow the prompts to download the app.
Once the app is installed on your device, open the app to begin setup.
1.1 Creating an account
- From the home screen, tap the purple "Log In | Sign Up" button at the bottom.
- On the next screen, tap blue "Create Account" button at the bottom.
- Select your center by tapping "Home Location" and then tapping which center you would like to see.
- Enter your information on the following screen, and then hit "Submit."
1.2 Add Member Barcode
- Tap the barcode icon on the top right of your app
- To add your barcode manually, type it in the barcode field near the middle of your screen
- To add your barcode automatically, tap the "Scan Barcode" button. Hold your membership card's barcode near the frame of your screen
- Note: You can also save the barcode to your phone's wallet (through Google or Apple Pay) by tapping the button at the bottom of your screen.
To scan in, just tap the barcode icon and let the membership staff scan your phone.
1.3 Changing Personal Settings/Center
- Tap the icon with your initials in it on the top left of your app.
- In the left-hand navigation that appears, tap the pencil icon near the top, next to your initials.
- Edit the information in the fields on the next page.
- To save, tap the check mark on the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
The Y's mobile app includes a number of features tailored to help you achieve your fitness goals, including workout tracking.
2.1 Center Schedules
For group excercise schedules, go to the "Find A Class" tile at the top of the app. You can searh for classes by date, instructor and activity.
Tap on a class to read a description, view more details, and add the class to your phone's calendar.
To view pool, gym and other schedules, tap the "Additional Schedules" tile at the top of the app.
Scroll down and tap on a schedule to view more details.
2.2 Workout Tracking
Connect Your Fitness App
The Y integrates with a number of top fitness apps. To connect your tracking app with your wellness goals and challenges, tap the "Connected Apps" tile near the bottom and follow the instructions to authorize access to your app.
Pull Workout Data From Exercise Equipment Using xID
Some internet-enabled wellness equipment, such as treadmills and bikes, integrate directly with our mobile app using xID.
To pull your run or other workout data into our app...
- Tap on the icon with your initials at the top left and then tap on xID settings
- Enter the listed xID and your pin into your enabled equipment
- That's it! Your data will pull into the Y's app within 24 hours
Use Your Camera to Capture Fitness Data
Using xCapture, the Y mobile app can pull in workout data with the same ease and convenience as a mobile check deposit.
To use xCapture to track your workout...
- Open the "Record a Workout" tile
- Choose "XCAPTURE" on the next screen
- Select the type of workout and then take a picture of your workout screen
- Tap the checkmark, and then you're done! Results will pull in within 24 hours
Track Your Workout Manually
To enter a workout directly, select the "Record a Workout" tile and then tap on the "Record Manually" button.
Enter the workout details, including date, distance and duration, and hit the checkmark at the top of the app.
Our goals feature allows you to stay accountable to yourself by maintaining and tracking your fitness goals in the app.
To set a wellness goal...
- Tap on the "Goals" tile.
- Select your goal type: number of workouts, calories burned or distance.
- Select your success metric (how many workouts, calories, miles, etc.) and your timeframe.
- Name your goal and tap "Create Goal."
Push yourself by joining one of our wellness challenges, designed to keep you motivated and in shape.
To join a challenge...
- Tap on the "Challenges" tile.
- Scroll through the available challenges and tap "Open" to view details.
- To join the challenge, tap the purple "Join Challenge" button at the bottom.
- Track your workouts and see your progress!