YMCA Black Achievers empowers minority and underserved youth in Middle Tennessee with high school, college and career opportunities that encourage students to grow and thrive. Our goal is to create an encouraging, supportive environment for youth to find mentors, develop positive self-esteem and pursue academic excellence.
- Raise the academic standards of youth in Middle Tennessee
- Expose students to diverse career options and professional opportunities
- Provide successful role models to inspire youth to reach their goals
- Encourage positive values, attitudes and self-esteem
- Provide college preparation to support academic success
- College and career fairs
- Community service projects
- After-school club meetings (select schools in the Nashville area)
- ACT prep workshops
- Individualized college counseling
For more information, please contact the Black Achievers program at 615-259-3418 ext. 72324.