Expansion Update: Locker Room Renovations
The Brentwood Family YMCA locker rooms are closing in mid-January for renovation. The locker rooms are expected to re-open in late spring upon completion.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for this disruption and know you have options! Below are answers to your most frequently asked questions regarding the locker room closure and renovation. Please call us at 615-373-9622 if you can’t find what you’re looking for.
When are the locker rooms closing?
- Family locker rooms closed on Monday, January 17.
- Adult locker rooms will close on Wednesday, January 19.
- We expect this locker room closure to last about 20-24 weeks (roughly 5 months).
Why are you closing the locker rooms all at once instead of staggering the closures?
Our original plan was to stagger the closures. Unfortunately, due to the intertwined configuration of the building's plumbing, we must renovate all locker rooms at the same time.
Where can I change clothes?
- We will have temporary private changing stations—four on the pool deck and four in the former lobby.
- Please note these stations are only for changing clothes. Showers will be unavailable.
What about the sauna, steam room and whirlpool?
- Unfortunately these areas will be closed until the remodel is complete.
- Members are welcome to visit our , including Maryland Farms, Franklin and Green Hills, to enjoy these amenities.
What's changing in the adult locker rooms?
- Adult locker rooms will be redesigned with additional lockers and vanities.
- When the renovation is complete, the sauna, steam room and whirlpool will be located on the pool deck as common-use spaces. This layout is currently used at other Middle Tennessee locations (Bellevue, Clarksville, Donelson, Franklin, North Rutherford, Northwest and Robertson County).
- The relocation of these amenities is for member safety! Staff can better monitor these spaces when they are located in a common area.
What about the family locker rooms?
- The two current family locker rooms will be combined into one universal locker room concept with 11-13 private rooms.
- "Universal" locker room simply means that it is accessible for all needs, especially those of families and members with diverse abilities who may require the assistance of a parent or caregiver.
- Each of the private rooms in the universal locker room has its own shower, toilet and sink, plus plenty of space for caregivers to assist dependents.
- Lockers will be available to meet everyone's needs.
- The universal locker room concept is not new to the Y. Four of our other branches already have a universal locker room (Bellevue, North Rutherford, Margaret Maddox in East Nashville and Sumner County).
What are my other options during construction?
- Our other locations are always available to our members!
- Both the Maryland Farms and Franklin YMCAs have all the amenities that will be temporarily unavailable at the Brentwood Y.
- The nearby Christ Church Y has locker rooms and showers. Please note this location doesn't have a steam room, sauna or whirlpool.
- You can view all of our locations here