ACTIVE OLDER ADULTS AT THE Y
The YMCA of Middle Tennessee offers a variety of wellness opportunities for our Active Older Adults! Whether you are seeking Group Fitness Classes, Social Events, Pickleball, or Day/Overnight Trips…we want to help find the activity that is right for you.
QUESTIONS? Contact Jennifer Roberts at JRoberts@ymcamidtn.org.
Check out our latest AOA news Article!
Whether you are looking for classes in the water or on land, we have something to fit your needs. We offer Water Aerobics, Strength, Cardio, Yoga and so much more. Check your nearest location's Group Fitness Schedule in the center or online.
Get involved! Every center offers something a little bit different. Lunch & Learns, Potlucks, Game Day (Bridge/Bingo), Holiday Parties, and more. Check out what Active Older Adult events are offered at YMCAs all across Middle Tennessee by emailing Jennifer Roberts at JRoberts@ymcamidtn.org or contacting your local center.
Do you like to travel? Several centers offer local Day Trips, Out-of-State, Overnight, and even International travel for those that love to see the world. The YMCA has planned Train Trips to see the fall leaves and Mystery Trips. We have traveled to New York, Colorado, Mackinac Island, Italy, and Costa Rica…just to name a few. Also, there are so many beautiful places to see right here in Tennessee.
- March 10-19, 2023: Trip to Italy with Collette Travel
- March 20-28, 2023: Trip to Tropical Costa Rica with Collette Travel
- May 1-4, 2023: Trip to the Ark Encounter & Creation Museum with Diamond Tours.
- June 2-8, 2023: South Dakota
- October 6-11, 2023: Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Fiesta trip with Collette Travel
- November 6-15, 2023: Trip to Italy with Collette Travel
For more information please email Jennifer Roberts at JRoberts@ymcamidtn.org
Ask about our Volunteer Opportunities inside and outside your local YMCA.
TURNING 65 & Medicare
As trusted partners with the YMCA for over 10 years, i2 can help you navigate the ins and outs of Medicare. Click here to learn more about i2.
Open Enrollment Consultations will open October 1st. During your free consultation, your i2 representative will discuss the appropriate coverage to meet your individual needs.
Did you know that for the past 12 years we have provided free, no cost, no obligation Medicare planning consultations? Learn how original Medicare operates, what Supplements and Drug Plans are available, and get the truth about all the Medicare Advantage Plans that are advertised all the time. The i2 Agency is a trusted partner since 2011, providing educational seminars. We invite you to join us at any YMCA of Middle Tennessee location: (All dates are for 2023)
- Bellevue YMCA: Feb. 22, April 26, June 28, Aug. 23, Oct. 25, Dec. 13: 2 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Brentwood YMCA: Feb. 14: 1 p.m.; April 11: 1 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.; June 14, Aug. 9, Oct. 11, Dec. 13: 2 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Christ Church YMCA: Jan. 19, March 21, May 16, July 18, Sept. 19, Nov. 7: 11 a.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Clarksville YMCA: Feb. 21, April 18, June 20, Aug. 15, Oct. 17, Dec. 5: 1:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Donelson YMCA: Jan. 25, March 22, May 24, July 26, Sept. 27, Nov. 22: 1 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Franklin YMCA: Feb. 16, April 13, June 15, Aug. 17, Oct. 19, Dec. 14: 1 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Green Hills YMCA: Jan. 24, March 28, May 23, July 25, Sept. 26, Nov. 14: 1 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Maryland Farms YMCA: Jan. 18, March 15: 2 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Margaret Maddox YMCA: Feb. 15, April 19, June 21, Aug. 16, Oct. 18, Dec. 6: 11:30 a.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Northwest YMCA: Jan. 31, March 14, May 9, July 11, Sept. 12, Nov. 14: 12:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- North Rutherford YMCA: Feb. 28, April 4, June 6, Aug. 8, Oct. 10, Dec. 12: 1:45 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Robertson County YMCA: Jan. 17, March 14, May 9, July 11, Sept. 12, Nov. 14: 1:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Sumner County YMCA: Jan. 26, March 2, May 4, July 6, Sept. 7, Nov. 2: 2 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Virtual Sessions: Jan. 12, Feb. 9, March 9, April 13: 6:30 p.m.
Try Pickleball at the Y!
Visit your local Y to play the fastest-growing sport in the U.S. - pickleball! It's easier on the body and has a simpler learning curve than other racket sports. Click below to learn more about the rules of the game. Click here to check with your local center for Pickleball hours.