ACTIVE OLDER ADULTS AT THE Y
The YMCA of Middle Tennessee offers a variety of wellness opportunities for our Active Older Adults! Whether you are seeking Group Fitness Classes, Social Events, Pickleball, or Day/Overnight Trips…we want to help find the activity that is right for you.
QUESTIONS? Contact Jennifer Roberts at JRoberts@ymcamidtn.org.
Check out our latest AOA news Article!
TURNING 65 & Medicare Consultations
As trusted partners with the YMCA for over 12 years, The i2 Agency can help you navigate the ins and outs of Medicare. Click here to learn more.
Schedule your one-on-one Medicare consultation for this upcoming annual enrollment period (Oct. 15-Dec. 7). During your no-cost, no-obligation consultation, your i2 representative will discuss the appropriate coverage to meet your individual needs.
Whether you are looking for classes in the water or on land, we have something to fit your needs. We offer Water Aerobics, Strength, Cardio, Yoga and so much more. Check your nearest location's Group Fitness Schedule in the center or online.
Get involved! Every center offers something a little bit different. Lunch & Learns, Potlucks, Game Day (Bridge/Bingo), Holiday Parties, and more. Check out what Active Older Adult events are offered at YMCAs all across Middle Tennessee by emailing Jennifer Roberts at JRoberts@ymcamidtn.org or contacting your local center.
Do you like to travel? Several centers offer local Day Trips, Out-of-State, Overnight, and even International travel for those that love to see the world. The YMCA has planned Train Trips to see the fall leaves and Mystery Trips. We have traveled to New York, Colorado, Mackinac Island, Italy, and Costa Rica…just to name a few. Also, there are so many beautiful places to see right here in Tennessee.
- October 6-11, 2023: Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Fiesta trip with Collette Travel
- November 6-15, 2023: Trip to Italy with Collette Travel
- March 18-22, 2024: Trip to New Orleans with Group Trips
- June 12-23, 2024: Alaska Discovery Land & Cruise
For more information, please email Jennifer Roberts at JRoberts@ymcamidtn.org
Ask about our Volunteer Opportunities inside and outside your local YMCA.
Did you know that they YMCA has been offering educational Medicare seminars and one-on-one Medicare consultations for the past 13 years through our trusted partner, The i2 Agency? Whether you’ve been on Medicare for years or you’re about to turn 65, you won’t want to miss this seminar. As open enrollment quickly approaches, the YMCA wants everyone to be as informed as possible. We will be offering an educational seminar in September at every YMCA in Middle Tennessee to discuss what changes are coming in 2024.
Sign up to attend this seminar at your local YMCA or with your AOA coordinator.
- Bellevue YMCA: Monday, September 25 @ 10:30am
- Brentwood YMCA: Monday, September 18 @ 9:45am
- Christ Church YMCA: Tuesday, September 19 @ 9:30am
- Clarksville YMCA: Thursday, September 21 @ 11:30am
- Donelson YMCA: Wednesday, September 27 @ 11:30am
- Franklin YMCA: Thursday, September 28 @ 11:00am
- Green Hills YMCA: Monday, September 11 @ 9:15am
- Margaret Maddox YMCA: Wednesday, September 6 @ 10:00am
- Northwest YMCA: Thursday, September 14 @ 11:15am
- North Rutherford YMCA: Tuesday, September 5 @ 9:30am
- Robertson County YMCA: Friday, September 22 @ 10:00am
- Sumner YMCA: Thursday, September 7 @ 12:30pm
Medicare Open Enrollment -- Consultations
If you would like to have a private no cost, no obligation consultation, The i2 Agency can do that as well. They can review your current coverage, doctor and hospital networks, drug coverage and costs and make sure you know all the 'extra' benefits that may be included on your plan. Medicare’s annual enrollment period will be here before you know it, schedule your appointment today!