Reimagine Weight Loss
Your weight loss goals may be unique to you, but you don’t have to take the journey alone. Stay accountable and inspired with the YMCA’s Weight Loss Program, a 12-week course offering weekly small-group discussion and tools to help you establish personal goals, track progress and set yourself on the path to a healthier lifestyle.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Group-based program (8-16 people per group) that involves learning, sharing and problem solving via group discussions in a classroom setting
- Weekly topics cover balanced eating, physical activity, goal setting, positive psychology, and behavior sustainability
- No exercise component, but participants are encouraged to engage in activities at the Y that support their weight loss efforts
- Adults 18 years and older with a desire to reach a healthier weight
- Weekly 1-hour sessions over 12 weeks
- In-person and virtual class options
- Participants self-design action plans to achieve their weight loss goals
- Participants weigh in, track food and activity and create SMART goals each week
$75 members, $115 non-members
2023 Weight loss program sessions
Cost is $75 for members, $115 for non-members.
Locations and Dates
|Virtual Sessions||1/11/23-4/5/23, Wednesdays, 6:30 pm-7:30 pm||Registration|
2/4/23-4/29/23, Saturdays, 10 am-11 am
|Sumner County||1/17/23-4/11/23, Tuesdays, 10 am - 11 am||Registration|
|Robertson County||1/23/23-4/17/23, Mondays, 12 pm - 1 pm||Registration|
1/24/23-4/18/23, Tuesdays, 12 pm - 1 pm
|Green Hills||1/25/23-4/19/23, Wednesdays, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm||Registration|
Why It's Different
Why It Works
The YMCA's Weight Loss Program works with individuals within a team environment to build custom, sustainable, unique healthy habits that lead to long-term results. It is not a prescription for nutrition and exercise, but a program to help you on your individual journey toward living a healthier, happier life.
Watch the video to learn why facilitator Ali Blauw believes the YMCA's Weight Loss Program will work for you.
"I would encourage anyone thinking of losing weight to take this class. It is worth it."
"[Prior to joining the weight loss program] I felt defeated. [After joining the program], I felt encouraged and much healthier than I had in many years. My doctor said what I was doing was paying off. To my shock, it was! You get out of it what you put into it. I got a whole more."
"It made me feel so much better knowing that there are others who struggle with the same battles I face. Knowing that I don’t have to face them alone was great."
"This is life-changing in that I feel better and am able to do things I have not done in a long time. I am able to climb steps without shortness of breath. I also feel better about myself and my self-esteem has improved. For the first time in a very long time, I am proud of what I have been able to do and enjoying life more fully."
"This program gave me things to think about. I know I should be eating right and exercising but why don’t I? This program gave me insights into my behavior by asking very simple questions."