All active duty and retired military personnel pay no joining fee when they join the Y. Simply show proof of your military service (such as a military ID) to have your joining fee waived when you sign up.
Military Outreach Initiative
The Military Outreach initiative provides qualified military personnel (typically families of deployed National Guard or Reserves and independent duty personnel) with a Y membership that renews every six months.
How do I sign up?
Families of deployed National Guard or Reserves personnel need:
- YMCA application or change form.
- Deployment papers: The deployed person must be deployed outside of our geographic region for six or more months.
- Copy of your military ID for deployed person and their family members.
- Eligibility form from Department of Defense filled out, signed and dated.
Independent duty personnel need:
- YMCA application.
- Military IDs for themselves and their families.
- Department of Defense eligibility form completely filled out, signed and dated.
- Approved independent duty letter signed by commanding officer and branch point of contact.
For more information: Visit militaryonesource.com/MOS.aspx