All gifts help the YMCA continue strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. There are many ways to include charitable gifts within your overall estate and financial plans. With thoughtful planning, you take control of the decisions that will affect your family's future and pass on the values you hold dear.
How to Designate a Gift
With planned gifts, the Foundation receives funding as a beneficiary in a donor's estate planning. Donors who make planned gifts to the Foundation become members of our Heritage Club.
Here Are a Few Ways to Make a Planned Gift
- Bequests in your will
- Naming the Foundation as a beneficiary of a Life Insurance Policy
- Naming the Foundation as a beneficiary of a Retirement Plan
- Establishing a Charitable Remainder Trust (which allows you to retain income for life)
- Establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity (which also allows you to retain income for life)
- Establishing a Charitable Lead Trust (which allows The Foundation to receive income for your lifetime, with remaining assets directed to your heirs)
How We Use Your Planned Gift
Donors to the Foundation may make a gift to the general fund, designate their gift or create a named fund to support a specific cause or program.
Gifts to the general fund allow the Foundation's board to select the program or service that is especially deserving of financial support at a given time.
Funds designated to a particular center or program allows the donor to ensure, on a permanent basis, that the center or program continues to serve its community.
Gifts in Honor of or In Memory of an Individual
Support a program or center by making a gift in honor or in memory of a friend or loved one. To make a gift in memory or in honor of someone, please contact our Major & Legacy Giving Director, Holland Youngblood, at the YMCA Foundation office at 615-259-9622.
If you would like assistance in determining which type of planned gift best suits your personal, charitable, and estate-planning goals, please contact...
Major & Legacy Giving Director