All gifts help the YMCA continue strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. There are many ways to include charitable gifts within your overall estate and financial plans. With thoughtful planning, you take control of the decisions that will affect your family's future and pass on the values you hold dear.
How to Designate a Gift
With planned gifts, the Foundation receives funding as a beneficiary in a donor's estate planning. Donors who make planned gifts to the Foundation become members of our Heritage Club.
Here Are a Few of the Simplest Ways to Make a Planned Gift
- Naming the Foundation as a beneficiary in your will
- Naming the Foundation as a beneficiary of a Life Insurance Policy
- Naming the Foundation as a beneficiary of a Retirement Plan
- Make a current gift to the Foundation by establishing a named fund
If you choose to include the Y as a beneficiary in your will we are pleased to offer you a free online resource. We’ve partnered with FreeWill which will guide you through the process of making your will while creating a planned gift to the Y. This is an easy way to build a legacy ensuring YMCA programs and services are there to serve generations to come. It only takes 20 minutes or less!
Get Started Now With Will Planning
You may also have an IRA, 401(k), life insurance policy, or other assets not included in your will. You must plan your beneficiaries for these separately. If you choose to include the YMCA as a beneficiary through one of these assets, use the free online tool accessible through the button below to help you easily create your plans.
How We Use Your Planned Gift
- Donors to the Foundation may make a gift to the general fund, designate their gift or create a named fund to support a specific cause or program.
- Gifts to the general fund allow the Foundation's board to select the program or service that is especially deserving of financial support at a given time.
- Funds designated to a particular center or program allows the donor to ensure, on a permanent basis, that the center or program continues to serve its community.
Gifts in Honor of or In Memory of an Individual
Support a program or center by making a gift in honor or in memory of a friend or loved one. To make a gift in memory or in honor of someone, please contact our Major & Legacy Giving Director, Holland Youngblood, at the YMCA Foundation office at 615-259-9622.
Have you already made a gift to the YMCA of Middle Tennessee in your estate plans?
If so, thank you! Please click the button below to let us know. We want to say thank you and update our records!